Did someone say chocolate??!!
I love dark chocolate and sometimes I need a quick and easy dessert (that is also gluten-free and grain-free) to make!
I love my brownies moist in the center and crisp on top. They really can’t be too gooey ;). These ones definitely fit the bill! Just be sure to let them cool before cutting (or steal a little from an edge if you can’t wait!). Super easy, grain-free and gluten-free, and lots of chocolate flavor. Perfect with a scoop of ice cream (coffee, mint chip, or vanilla would be perfect) and a cup of coffee or a cappuccino.
Gluten-Free and Grain Free Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 stick butter or gluten free non-dairy butter, melted
- 1¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ⅛ cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla, gf
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder, gf or unsweetened cocoa powder, gf
- ¼ tsp baking soda, gf
- 1 tbsp gluten free tapioca starch
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or cashews
- ½ cup Guittard Extra Dark Baking Chips, gf or other gluten free dark chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting the top of brownies
- Line a 8 x 8” baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- To a medium sized bowl, add the melted butter and the sugars. Beat well by hand with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs and beat by hand until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and brandy. Add the cocoa or cacao powder, tapioca, and baking soda and stir until smooth. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Scrape into the prepared pan. Make four lines from the center to the corners of the pan with a rubber spatula. This will help the brownies be flat instead of rising in the center.
- Bake for 26-36 minutes until set but still soft in the center. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar if you like. Best when enjoyed within two or three days. To save longer, wrap individual brownies in cellophane.