What’s your favorite cookie? These Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for the chocolate lover! With Guittard Extra Dark Baking Chips and Cocoa Powder you can’t lose! I love dark chocolate so these are exactly what I wanted today.
I like to make a large batch and freeze them in balls or just the round of cookie dough in freezer safe containers. This is such an easy way to just make a few fresh, hot cookies at a time. These smell so good when they are baking and taste just as great!
You could also cool them, then spoon slightly softened ice cream between two. Press together and add a bit of ice cream to out outside edge. Then refreeze in parchment or cellophane for a fun COVID safe dessert. Each person just touches their own ice cream sandwich. You could even make different ice cream sandwich flavors, using your favorite gluten free ice cream and flavors. Then label each sandwich with their ice cream flavor!
Do something you love today with someone special and enjoy the day!
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour or Ryze Gluten Free Flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch, gf
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, gf
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum, omit if using flour blend that contains or Ryze Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, gf
- ¾ teaspoon salt, omit if using salted butter
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅝ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oz. Guittard Extra Dark Baking Chips or other dark chocolate chips, gf, melted
- ½ cup Guittard Unsweetened Cocoa Rouge Cocoa Powder or other gluten free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, gf
- 1-1 ¼ cups Guittard Extra Dark Baking Chips or other dark chocolate chips, gf
- 4 oz. white or milk chocolate chips, gf, melted for drizzle on top
- Measure into a medium bowl, the gluten free 1 to 1 flour, tapioca starch, cornstarch, xanthan (if using), baking soda, and salt (if using). Mix together.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the sugars and mix in with a rubber spatula or if you prefer you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each until well combined. Melt the 3 ounces of chocolate in the microwave for 15 – 25 seconds. Stir the melted chocolate and cocoa powder into the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 – 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop or form 1 ½ inch cookie balls and place six at a time on a baking sheet lined with parchment
- Bake each tray for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When completely cool, melt white or milk chocolate if you would like to add drizzle to the cookies. Drizzle on top of the cookies and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container between parchment. Best if eaten within 3 days.