Are you looking for a salad with a little pizzazz? This Mediterranean Salad with Feta hits all the flavors! It’s a great accompaniment to grilled meats or smoked meats. The salad is simple but also complex. Salty and brined feta contrasts the smooth cucumbers and crunchy pomegranate nicely.
Lightly sweet dressing also goes well with the tangy feta in this delicious Mediterranean Salad with Feta. I could eat a large portion of this salad for lunch or dinner and be completely satisfied! I also happen to love pomegranates! They are so delicious and have always been a fruit that I’ve loved.
The health benefits of pomegranate
Besides their delicious taste, the health benefits of pomegranate seeds are many as well. They are high in antioxidants, low in calories, high in fiber, high in anti-inflammatory properties, improving heart health, and possibly reducing some forms of cancer.
What to serve this salad with?
The Mediterranean Salad with Feta and Pomegranate can pair well with so many dishes. I first made this with a Mediterranean Chicken with Saffron and Smoked Paprika. It paired perfectly with the other Mediterranean flavors.
You could also try it with some type of marinated and grilled kabob, either lamb or chicken, or beef. A simple rice dish would be another great side for this salad.
Try adding rotisserie or roasted chicken for more of a meal salad.
Dress this salad just before eating
Prepare this salad early if you like, then dress it just prior to serving, topping with the feta and the pistachios after dressing. This will keep everything the freshest and the feta will not be overwhelmed in dressing.
Keep the ingredients separate
In our house, we have serveral people that don’t like dressing so we tend to pass the dressing and any toppings they may not like. If you don’t have picky eaters like at our house, simple toss with dressing and add the feta and pistachios to the top. This salad would look beautiful individually plated and dressed, the topped with the feta and the pistachios.
However you serve it, enjoy the colors and the flavors
I hope you love this as much as I do! Making so many salads, I get so sick of ordinary green salad! Fruits and nuts added to the salad or to the top, plus cheeses or dried fruit, even add a fun element. It makes the salad so much more interesting.
If you don’t have all the ingredients you can substitute other ingredients for another fun salad!
Mediterranean Salad with Feta and Pomegranate (Gluten Free)
- 5 oz spring mix or mixed greens
- ½ large pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 English cucumber, sliced or halved and sliced peeled if desired
- 1 large carrot, washed use a peeled to make fine strips
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, unsalted or lightly salted
- ¾-1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil or half olive oil and half vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed oregano, gf
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl add the spring mix, cucumber slices, avocado, and pomegranate seeds. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss with dressing. Top with the feta and the pistachio nuts. Serve immediately.