Bundt cakes are so cute! Right?! I love little individual desserts. So, how about a gluten free and grain free bundt cake for a dessert that you can feel good about.
Why grain free?
I can’t have even a speck of gluten and I feel much better without a lot of grain also, so I try to come up with recipes that are grain free and low in sugar.
Many of us just feel better without it! Do you know someone who is like this? Many grains can cause inflammation in people, especially those who suffer from an inflammation disease. There are so many replacement flours you can use.
Can you make these cakes dairy free also?
You sure can! The bundt cakes will work wonderfully with a gluten free almond milk or oat milk. Substitute a gluten free butter substitute for the butter in the glaze. You will need to verify that the butter substitute is gluten free.
Also, use a dairy free (and gluten free) chocolate for the glaze.
These mini bundt cakes have all the flavor while being just a little better for you. They are melt in your mouth delicious!
What to serve with these?
Next time I think I would fill the hole with a whipped cream or dairy free whipped cream. Vanilla ice cream or dairy free ice cream would pair well too!
Always check to see if your ice cream is certified gluten free or labeled gluten free also, as it can contain gluten containing products.
Definitely pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea for these also. The flavors go wonderfully together!
These are so easy and bake quickly
These cakes are so easy to whip up and they bake so quickly, also. If you don’t have bundt pans, not to worry, you can just make these in cupcake pans or large sized cupcake pans. I have a Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundtlette Pan with 6 holes, and I use it all the time. This Nordic Ware Nonstick Cast Aluminum Pirouette Bundtlette Pan is so cute!
What items to be aware of when baking gluten free
I like to note which ingredients should be gluten free or certified gluten free, depending on your needs. I make sure that the ingredients used for my baked items and food items are either certified gluten free, labeled gluten free, or free of any contaminants in processing. You’ll see the gf notation in the ingredients list. If I specify a brand you can always substitute a gluten free brand that works for you. Some flours respond different though, so substituting a differednt flour will not always result in the same textured final product.
Toffee Pecan Gluten Free and Grain Free Bundt Cakes
- 1 6 hole mini bundt cake pan, individual pans, or cupcake pan
Toffee Pecan Bundt Cakes
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup almond flour, gf
- ½ cup tapioca starch, gf
- ¼ cup cassava flour, gf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder, gf
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, gf
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, gf
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar or cane sugar
- ¼ cup milk or dairy free milk, gf
- ½ tbsp vinegar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon Nielson-Massey Vanilla Paste or Vanilla Extract, gf
- 3 ½ tbsp rum, gf or 1 teaspoon rum extract, gf plus 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup Trader Joe's Sea Salt Caramel Chips, gf, chopped for topping
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped for topping
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, gf
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter or dairy free butter, gf
- 1-1½ teaspoons hot water
Toffee Pecan Bundt Cakes
- Prepare the bundt pans by greasing with an oil spray or vegetable oil. Lightly shake with gf flour, shaking out the excess.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground or finely chopped pecans, almond flour, cassava flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the sugars until well combined. Add the oil, milk, vinegar, vanilla paste or vanilla, and rum or rum extract and additional milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fill the Bundt cake holes, cupcake holes, or other mini cake pans 2/3's full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen the edges from the pan and remove the cakes from tray or mini cake pans by inverting unto a parchment over a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze and add pecans and sea salt caramel chips.
- Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low until melted and combined. Cool to lukewarm before drizzling over the cakes.