We love peanut butter and peanuts here! I’m so grateful none of our family is allergic to peanuts! Add in some dark chocolate and we are all very happy. It’s no wonder that these Gluten Free Peanuts and Chocolate Cookies are always a winner in our house.
Trader Joe’s & Guittard – Gluten Free Options
Paul loves the Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and I do too, but until recently I have not been able to enjoy them without getting sick. But now, it seems they are made in a gluten safe facility. Anyway, I decided to try them recently when I saw the gluten allergy listing wasn’t noted on the back, and I felt fine. So, I got to try these Gluten Free Peanuts and Chocolate Cookies.
These cookies didn’t disappoint, complete with the gooey melted Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips, the Trader’s Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, and the Trader’s Blister Peanuts. Usually I am not a huge peanut fan, but I love the blister peanuts. They are crisp and salty.
Enjoy these cookies in a variety of ways
Crumble these over vanilla ice cream, or sandwich ice cream between two for a scrumptious dessert. Or just enjoy them. Maybe have one with a cup of coffee or a glass of red wine, which sounds strange but the two really compliment each other.
You can decide how you like them best: warm and gooey, or cooled with chunks of slightly hardened chocolate and peanut butter filling. They tempt me most when they are straight off the cookie sheet. Serve these to your whole group, unless of course someone has a peanut allergy, which in that case, you probably wait to make them.
Peanut Butter lover?
If you’re a fan of peanut butter desserts, you may also want to check out our Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Covered Shortbread, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies, and Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups (Gluten Free).
Gluten Free Peanuts and Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups plus 1 tablespoon brown rice flour, gf
- ¾ cup white rice flour, gf
- ½ cup tapioca starch, gf
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, gf
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or 1/2 teaspoon of salt omit if using salted butter
- ¾ cup unsalted butter or dairy free stick butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, gf
- 1 cup Guittard Extra Dark Baking Chips, gf or other gf dark chocolate chips
- 8-9 Trader Joe's Dark Peanut Butter Cups, chopped or other gf peanut butter cups
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Blister Peanuts or other salted peanuts
- In a large bowl by hand or in an electric mixer, mix the butter and the sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Stir in the rice flours, tapioca, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in by hand or on low speed of the mixer, the chocolate chips and nuts. Finally stir in by hand, the chopped peanut butter.
- Refrigerate the dough for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet, using a #18 scoop or by rolling into 1 1/2 inch balls and placing 6 cookies at a time on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove from the oven but let sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack. The cookies will be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.