My Laura’s Favorite Morning Smoothie is a great way to start your day. Why not start your day with a meal that ‘s loaded with veggies and fruit, almond milk, and some nuts. That’s all this smoothie is! I often don’t feel like a big breakfast, but do need to eat something. So, a smoothie for breakfast is a great option.
To add a little protein and flavor, I love to add in peanut butter or almond butter. You’ll also get some protein from the almond milk. Other than that, it’s just greens, berries, and a banana. We seem to always have overripe bananas here, and I’m always using them to make banana breads and muffins, but there is still an abundance! I just peel them, half them, and toss them in a gallon freezer bag for smoothies. Usually in the winter when it’s colder, I don’t feel much like a smoothie, so now that it’s almost summer, we need to start using them up!
Laura’s Favorite Morning Smoothie
- 1 Vitamix or Blender
- 1 ½ cup Califa Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk, gf
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach, kale, or arugula
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 frozen banana, halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries, raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries
- Add the ingredients in the order listed and blend on low speed for 1-2 minutes. Increase speed of mixer or Vitamix to medium high for several minutes. Push down as needed with Vitamix plunger until a smooth texture smoothie is attained. Pour into 2 glasses and serve.