I never get tired of a Greek Salad. I know everyone has their favorite ingredients. But I love mine loaded as this Ultimate Greek Salad is.
Start with a bed of organic romaine lettuce, torn or cut, and a large bowl or platter. Then make piles of your favorite ingredients: Trader Joe’s Roasted and Marinated Artichoke Hearts, whole Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncinis, Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Pepper slices, ripened cherry tomatoes whole or in halves, and Trader Joe’s Kalamata or Greek olives. Then top with feta and red onion. Drizzle homemade or gluten free store bought dressing on top. Or toss together in a bowl. Then enjoy the salad for lunch or dinner!
The Ultimate Greek Salad can easily be served as a meal. It’s especially perfect for a hot summer day when you just aren’t as hungry. It’s hearty and bursting with flavor and is perfect for a meal. When serrving as a meal, maybe serve some gluten free bread or rolls with it. Try our Gluten Free Puffy Yeast Breadsticks. Or pick up some of my favorite gluten free rolls or bread from Breadsrsly online or in a local store that carries their products. Their Classic Gluten-Free Sourdough Dinner Rolls are so delicious!
But you can also serve as a side salad as a compliment to a Mediterranean cuisine dinner. Try it with marinated and grilled chicken or other grilled meats, or pizza made with Laura’s Favorite Gluten Free Pizza Dough.
What’s up for dinner tonight? A loaded Ultimate Greek Salad with a pizza for me!
The Ultimate Greek Salad
- ½ large head of organic romaine lettuce leaves rinsed and dried, then torn or cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼-½ cup Trader Joe's Marinated and Roasted Artichoke Hearts, cut into quarters
- ¼-½ cup Mezzetta Golden Peperoncini Peppers, whole or sliced
- ⅜ cup Trader Joe's Kalamata Olives or Greek Olives
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- ½ cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- ¼ large red onion, finely sliced
- ¾ cup Trader Joe's Organic Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano gf brand for dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Ultimate Greek Salad
- In a large bowl or platter, add the romaine to the bottom. Add piles of artichoke hearts, pepperoncinis, olives, cherry tomatoes, and roasted red peppers around the edge of the bowl or platter.
- Top with feta and red onion. Drizzle evenly with the dressing. Toss the salad together if desired.
- Combine the ingredients in a 2 cup measure. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.