Make these Oven Roasted Golden Potatoes and Multi-Colored Carrots with lemon, thyme, shallots, and garlic for a perfect side to your meal. They are so flavor-filled with caramelized lemon pieces that lightly char on the pan.
Today, I’ve paired these delicious potatoes with Pork Tenderloin with Light Seasoning Topped with Feta and a Lime Tequila and Honey Sauce. An easy dinner, ready in just about 45 minutes. Another great accompaniment to this dish might be Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Brandy Sauce (Gluten Free).
Whether you serve this dish with pork or chicken, even fish, they are sure to be the perfect compliment! Try them with a simple grilled chicken or pork chops. They will elevate the other flavors in your meal, especially if you use one of the seasonings or ingredients from the Oven Roasted Golden Potatoes and Multi-Colored Carrots.
Oven Roasted Golden Potatoes and Multi-Colored Carrots (Gluten Free)
- 1 sheet pan or stone bar pan
- 2 lbs small golden potatoes, sliced in halves lengthwise
- 1 lb multicolored carrots
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Meyer or small lemon, cut into eighths
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 large shallot, quartered
- 5 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme* sprinkle of salt and pepper
- a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet or stone pan. Add potato halves and turn over in the oil to coat before facing down on one side of the pan. Add the shallot pieces, garlic cloves, thyme, and lemon juice on top. Add a sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Roast for 12 minutes on a lower rack in the oven.
- Add the carrots to the remaining side of the pan. Drizzle olive oil over the carrots and turn to coat. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast another 25 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the peels. Remove the thyme sprigs before serving and replace with fresh. Lemon pieces will be slightly charred and can either be removed or left for color.
For more potato deliciousness:
Considering other ways to enjoy a potato side dish? We love whipping up some Seasoned Oven Potatoes (Gluten Free) or Cheesy Almost Hasselback Gratin Potatoes (Gluten Free) as other option. If you want to roast your side potatoes along with a main course item, you may want to check out our Baked and Slightly Spiced Dry Rub Chicken Thighs (and Crispy Potatoes) or Fall Apples, Potatoes and Pork Chops in a Maple Marmalade Glaze (Gluten Free). We’ve also pinned other fun side dishes on Pinterest!